Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stop Motion Animation of Falling



This video, The Hotdog  Drop, described the process of a brick drop falling in motion, but instead of a brick I used a magazine cut out of a hotdog. Even though a hotdog  may have slightly different physics then the physics I created in this animation, having this hotdog emulate the physics of a brick made this animation believable. I planned out my animation by drawing dots and arcs on the same wall that I shot my animation for creating believable timing and paths of action. I created this animation by cutting out paper from magazines, taping the magazine paper to a wall, and moving the paper manually for each frame. I used the program, SAM Animation, for taking photos, flipping through frames, and for exporting my stop motion animation. This was a fun process and I hope I can do more stop motion animation soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment